Saturday, February 7, 2015

Magical Mystery Tour Trolley in G-Scale Land 02-07-15



Over a year ago, while we were thrift store shopping, we came across a trolley decanter set.  When we got it home I replaced the wheels with G-Scale wheels.  You probably have seen the trolley in our previous blog:


Elf on the Shelf visits G-Scale Land - Garden Railway Train Set  12-07-13 - click here 






Not happy with a gold coloured San Francisco trolley on my
Canadian National Layout,  I decided to change it.  I have always envied the model railroaders that have a 9-volt battery cars that they just turn on, walk away and watch it go around from the comfort of their muskoka chairs.  Picking up a switch, battery holder and an Aristocraft motor I ripped the undercarriage off and attached the new pieces.




As for a new colour for the trolley I was at a complete loss and
consulted with my "little expert" Mary on what I should do.  She suggested the Beatles Magical Mystery Tour Bus.

http://www.visitliverpool.com/things-to-do/beatles-magical-mystery-tour-p172251


Picking up rainbow lettering and some blue and yellow paint I
went to work.  I managed to get it outside between snowstorms to run it around several times. 




The first time I chased after it like a nervous father praying I
would not break any glass wear.  It ran very well and I was finally able to settle down in my favorite chair and watch the world go by.

"Roll Up, Roll Up for the Magical Mystery Tour
Step Right This Way"






No comments:

Post a Comment