Saturday, February 15, 2014

Organizing G-Scale Garden Railway Train Figures and Striping Train Cars 02-15-14


Blog Entry by BOB

With the colder weather I have not had the chance to make it
outside, so I have been doing projects inside.

Mary and I have gathered quite a collection of G-scale figures which seem to be scattered in every room of the house.  I needed
to get them stored together safely so that arms, legs and
heads did not keep breaking off.  Originally, I had some
of our favourite figures in a tool chest. This became too
cumbersome to take outside so I found some soft fishing bags
with tackle trays.





Making the cubicals large enough to hold figures, I grouped
simular figures together and labelled the trays. 



Joining the top bag to the straps of the bottom bag I can
throw both sets on my shoulders and have all my people with
me when I do a photoshoot.



Another project I have been working on is adding reflective
tape to the lovomotives and rolling stock. Checking out all
the local hardware stores I was able to find yellow
reflective tape. 



Referencing pictures of different rolling stock, I cut the tape into strips and applied it to my cars. 



For the locomotives I covered the entire running board with
reflective tape making sure to cut around the existing decals.



I think this makes everything more prototypical and
reflective tape catches the light during flash photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment