Sunday, April 3, 2016

Fun in G-Scale Land - New York Central - Ghostbusters Graffiti - 04-03-16

Photos by B&M 2016 -  Blog by Bob :)

Sorry for dropping off the radar again, from October 2015 to just about March 2016 projects got put on hold.  Now we are ready to go. 

One thing I have noticed with the train cars we have for our layout is that they are either black, white or brown. Remembering when we had our friend and her 4-year old grandson visit,  he was very excited to see the Cookie Monster graffiti on one of our boxcars. I wanted to create a brightly coloured train car with large graffiti.

 


 
 I found a photo online of someone who had painted a New York Central - Ghostbuster graffiti car (SEE LINK HERE)  Mary is a HUGE Ghostbusters fan, so I knew this was the right direction to go.

I wanted to try my hand at hand-painting one so I decided to use one of my Grand Trunk Western box cars.


I then masked off the road numbers text. (Later, I can paint over them if I find the correct decals). I then painted the sides and inside with turquoise paint.




Next I painted the roof, rails, ladders and end panels black.



I then painted the NYC Logos.  (Once again, decals would have had sharper detail but I enjoyed the challenge of painting.)




Finally, I painted the graffiti.



I Still need to purchase metal wheels and Kadee couplers, but it was a fun project to do.  

Decided to take some photos outside.   Yesterday we got slammed with some snow and we are under a Snowfall Warning for tonight, another 10-20cm is in the forecast.  Yuck.






Mary was so impressed, she decided to take a photo herself.    Here is a Marshmallow Man she painted a couple of years ago and put it with the train car.   :)




No comments:

Post a Comment